Monday, June 30, 2008

Still Hating on the Ticketmaster

I detest Ticketmaster. I always have. They buy every single ticket for a concert event as soon as they are available, then jack up the price to the consumer, additionally charging 'convenience fees' and other crap.

Every time I use them I have to reset my password because it just doesn't seem to work from one attempt to the next. I changed it the other day for one attempt at buying tickets and today I can't use it. Makes no sense. I have no intelligent discourse for working with this organization. They are a sick sham and an infuriating element to the concert industry.

We don't even need them. Is it any more convenient to go to one resource for tickets to a show when the internet exists and I can go to a band website to get tickets? I think I'm savvy enough to figure out how to do that, I don't need a monopolizing force to control my music destiny. I, unfortunately, have to live with it though.

I can get away with waiting until the last minute and buying tickets off of people who can't make it to a show, however. Crasigslist offers me that at least and at discount prices usually. This is not the case in smaller communities sometimes. Craigslist doesn't actually exist in all places yet, but they are doing better. So I've gone from one internet resource to another.

Maybe my perspective doesn't hold water, I don't know. I just know I've rarely been pissed off by another website more frequently than I am at the Ticketmaster organization.

No comments: